Whether you’re with a group of friends, in a couple, or have come away on holiday with your family, après ski is an important part of your holiday.
We’ve selected a few of our favourite restaurants and bars below:
- STEINBOK ALM – located in Hinterthal and nick named the ‘James Bond’ bar, the Steinbok Alm offers traditional Austrian cuisine along with a selection of finest champagne. Glass walls floor to ceiling allow picturesque views over the lake and mountain.
- DENGL ALM – Is the place to go after a hard days skiing. Where everyone congregates for a power hour in their ski suits and boots before the sun sets.
- TOM ALMHÜTTE – Opening last year Tom can be found directly next to the top station of the Natrun adventure mountain.
Night Ski Show
Every Tuesday at 20:30, ski instructors from the ski school of Maria Alm and Hinterthal gather at the Simmerllift to present an unforgettable show for all of our guests.
The show includes: show elements from the demo-team, torch relay, nostalgic skiers, reckless jumps from freestylers, formation-runs of the ski and snowboard instructors, and fireworks (weather permitting). FREE ENTRY!
During your winter holiday in Maria Alm, you most definitely should not miss the chance to have fun at a toboggan party on one of the many natural toboggan runs in the Hochkönig region.
There is something to suit everyone, whether you take part in a fun-packed skidding party with the whole family, with friends or as a couple! Choose from the following toboggan runs in Maria Alm, Dienten and Mühlbach:
- Biberg toboggan run: 6km, ascent by foot or by shuttle service, open daily from 10.30am-2am.
- Jufen toboggan run: 2.5km, ascent with the Jufenalm tractor. Advance booking recommended.
- Kronreith toboggan run: The Gasthof has a bar and restaurant at the beginning of the run which caters for large groups. Speed down into valley on this extra wide toboggan run, which is 2km long.
All of the toboggan runs mentioned are romantically lit up at night. It is recommended that you wear a safety helmet, suitable winter clothing and sturdy footwear.